The Glenburn Hotel is an elegantly appointed Edwardian property set in the Heart of Windermere offering delightful accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast or Half Board basis. The current proprietors Peter & Jackie Baister have owned the Hotel since 2008 and have been in hospitality since 1986. Since taking over the Hotel we have carried out a full refurbishment and we continue to improve the facilities year after year.
The Glenburn has ample on site parking guests can just park the car and all amenities are within a short walking distance.
If you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday why not surprise your loved one by ordering champagne, chocolates, flowers or a birthday cake to be put in your room on arrival.
At The Glenburn we will go that extra mile to make your stay in the Lake District just Perfect!
- Elegant, relaxed & stylish accommodation
- Excellent food, freshly prepared to order. Full Cumbrian cooked breakfasts plus buffet, and candlelit evening meals
- Special dietary needs and vegetarians catered for
- 16 Double, twin, triple, quad, superior, deluxe and deluxe four-poster rooms
- Deluxe rooms and four-poster rooms have brand new spa baths, rain showers and flat screen TVs
- Complimentary tea tray, TV and free wireless Internet connection
- Complimentary tea and coffee, hair dryers in all rooms
- Fully licensed bar and guest lounge
- A totally smoke and pet free environment
- FREE use of the Burnside Spa in Bowness for all guests
- Free parking throughout your stay
- Free wi fi throughout
- Ten minutes walk from Windermere and 15 minutes to Bowness
- Special touches such as champagne, chocolates, flowers, birthday cakes etc
- Family rooms
- Gift certificates a speciality
- Deluxe self catering holiday cottage sleeps up to six
- Private family parties and functions catered for, we’ll take care of everything
Self-assessed Accessibility Information
Self-assessed Accessibility Information provides a list of available facilities and services, highlighted as being of key importance by disabled people. Along with Access Statements, which provide a fuller written description of accessibility, it can help people with access needs make an informed choice as to whether accommodation establishments meet their needs.
Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is solid i.e. tarmac / concrete.
Drop-off point for guests outside front entrance
Route from the parking area to the entrance is flat (i.e. without steps)
One small step up to the main entrance.
Rooms are on the first and second floors therefore not suitable for guests with walking difficulties