Relax & Enjoy.....
The Glenburn Hotel is an elegantly appointed Edwardian property set in the Heart of Windermere offering delightful accommodation on a Bed & Breakfast or Half Board basis.
Returning year after year, visitors have enjoyed excellent service delicious food and comfort of the charming bedrooms. Whatever your reason for visiting the Lake District whether it be for it's natural beauty, stunning walks or just a well earned break Peter and Jackie Baister along with their friendly team will endeavour to make your stay as relaxed and as comfortable as possible.
The hotel's great location is ideal for exploring the English Lake District. A ten minute stroll will take you to the vibrant area of Bowness and the Lake where boats will ferry you to many intriguing destinations. Relax and enjoy ten miles of magic during the many sight seeing cruises taking in the breathtaking scenery, secluded bays and the wooded islands that surround England's largest natural lake. For the more energetic there are lots of walks to enjoy at your leisure including a gentle hike up to Orrest Head just a short walk from the hotel. Here you will find viewing point 750 feet high where you can sit and enjoy magnificent views of the central fells, the Yorkshire Pennines and the Lakes or just to watch the sunset over this picturesque corner of England. Enjoy an early evening stroll along the lakeside before returning to the hotel for a candlelit dinner in our lovely restaurant with food cooked to perfection by our resident chef Marcin. After dinner you can relax in the lounge on our comfy sofas enjoying a coffee or your favourite tipple from the bar.
The Glenburn has ample on site parking so you can just park up and all amenities are within a short walking distance.
If you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday why not surprise your loved one by ordering champagne, chocolates, flowers or a birthday cake to be put in your room on arrival.
At The Glenburn we will go that extra mile to make your stay in the Lake District just Perfect!
- Elegant, relaxed & stylish totally refurbished accommodation
- Excellent food, freshly prepared to order. Full Cumbrian cooked breakfasts plus buffet, and candlelit evening meals
- Special dietary needs and vegetarians catered for
- 16 Double, twin, triple, quad, superior, deluxe and deluxe four-poster rooms
- Deluxe rooms and four-poster rooms have brand new spa baths, rain showers and flat screen TVs
- Satellite TV and free wireless Internet connection
- Complimentary tea and coffee, hair dryers in all rooms
- Fully licensed bar and guest lounge
- A totally smoke and pet free environment
- FREE use of Parklands Country Club and Spa in Bowness for all guests
- Free parking throughout your stay
- Five minutes walk from Windermere and ten minutes to Bowness
- Special touches such as champagne, chocolates, flowers, birthday cakes etc
- Family rooms for three/four/people
- Gift certificates a speciality
- Two deluxe self catering holiday cottages sleeping up to six
- Private family parties and functions catered for, we'll take care of everything